What's new

Are There Any Non-Wega 32-36" TVs With 16:9 Mode? (1 Viewer)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
By "non-Wega" do you mean "non-Sony," or are you looking for a Sony that isn't a Wega?
If it is the former, I believe there are many TVs that perform the squeeze trick, including Samsung.

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
And Loewe, if you're looking for a TV that's generally accepted as being better than Sony. More expensive, though.

To answer your question, there are plenty of non-Wega, and non-Sony TV's that will do the squeeze trick.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
there are many pure 16:9 tv's out there, is that what you're after?
try toshiba, loewe opta, philips to name a few.

TimG

Second Unit
I think he is looking for ones that have a 16x9 "mode", not ones you have to squeeze through the service menu. I far as I know non-Wega Sony's do not have this option. I know Samsung sets have it. I didn't think Toshiba or JVC or Panasonic, or any others have a "mode" without going the service menu route. I am assuming he is also talking about NON-HDTV ready sets.

TimG

Blaine Skerry

Second Unit
TOSHIBA 32HFX71
TOSHIBA 36HFX71
Both TV's feature: Vertical Compression Scanning (H/V Letterbox) displays 16:9 content with correct geometry on a 4:3 TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks