Are there any JBL E10 owners out there?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Andre P, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Andre P

Andre P Auditioning

I'm in the process of getting all my audio and video equipment together for my near complete HT room. I've decided on the JBL E80's and EC35 (already own EC35). The side and rear surrounds need to be wall mountable and preferably less than 8 inches in depth. That only leaves the E10''s that would work for me. I've read some reports that the E10's were not very good and Best Buy doesn't provide the best listen environment, so are there any owners that feel that e10's work in 7.1 system. My room is 19x14x8.

Andre

2. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

Honestly, as surrounds, they should be OK. The tweeter is fine, but the 4" woofer is kinda small.

What receiver? You might want to set the X-over pretty high, like 120 Hz. just to maximize that little 4" cone for everything BUT bass.

3. Andre P

Andre P Auditioning

The 4" woofer was my main concern. I'm more than likely will be purchasing the Pioneer 1014 receiver.

4. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

I have a question.. if you set your reciever for bass to go to the mains and/or subwoofer only, wouldnt this be irrelevant? :b

5. Kenneth Harden

Kenneth Harden Screenwriter

The idea is even the little 4" woofer will just have to work too hard. Also, ideally, we would have things crossed over at 60 or 80 Hz., but that is about the responce of this woofer.

Again, the E10, for surround use is probably a lot more potent than people give it credit for.

6. Yung

Yung Stunt Coordinator

Andrew,
    A lot of A/V receivers on the market only allow you to set a global cross-over point for all speakers and not individual speakers. With the E10's 4" mid-range woofer, a higher cross-over would be need to be applied so you may be asking your sub to do too much instead of specializing in the lower frequencies. Ideally you would want a lower cross-over (80Hz for THX) so that your sub would theoretically be asked to reproduce the signals of 80Hz and below.