What's new

Are there ANY Hitachi Owners in here??? (1 Viewer)

Eric Nelson

Auditioning
I'm right on the verge of buying a Hitachi 61swx01w, but it seems most people either own a Mits. or a Tosh. in here. Im getting it for 3200.00 because Im buying a complete HT through them. ( Video Only ). Is Hitachi a trustworthy brand? I Sincerely appreciate any and all comments about Hitachi. Thanks, Eric P.S. Im going with a Toshiba DVD player, sd-4205, any comments on that would be nice!

Joe T

Auditioning
Hello Eric, I have the 61swx01w and I am highly impressed with the set with a plain old interlaced dvd player the set's 3/2 line doubler works fantastic dvds look film like colors are rich and deep and black levels are consistent. On dss some channels look softer but I believe that is the compression done by the dbs. Do get the ve disc or avia and calibrated accordingly. You will be highly satisfied with this set enjoy......
------------------
JT

ScottL

Agent
Hi Eric,
Great TV. I have the 53" model and am very pleased with it.
There are some problems with a progressive player and these sets though. Hitachi is aware with a fix available if you have a progressive player and are experiencing a "blanking out" of the screen when you go from a dark scene to a very bright scene.
Other than that this TV is a beautiful set. It does 3:2 pulldown and it's "magic focus" convergence program does a nice job.
More background info on these sets please go into the Hitachi Forum at http://www.hometheaterspot.com
Later,
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks