What's new

Are there ANY Hitachi Owners in here??? (1 Viewer)

Eric Nelson

Auditioning
I'm right on the verge of buying a Hitachi 61swx01w, but it seems most people either own a Mits. or a Tosh. in here. Im getting it for 3200.00 because Im buying a complete HT through them. ( Video Only ). Is Hitachi a trustworthy brand? I Sincerely appreciate any and all comments about Hitachi. Thanks, Eric P.S. Im going with a Toshiba DVD player, sd-4205, any comments on that would be nice!

Joe T

Auditioning
Hello Eric, I have the 61swx01w and I am highly impressed with the set with a plain old interlaced dvd player the set's 3/2 line doubler works fantastic dvds look film like colors are rich and deep and black levels are consistent. On dss some channels look softer but I believe that is the compression done by the dbs. Do get the ve disc or avia and calibrated accordingly. You will be highly satisfied with this set enjoy......
------------------
JT

ScottL

Agent
Hi Eric,
Great TV. I have the 53" model and am very pleased with it.
There are some problems with a progressive player and these sets though. Hitachi is aware with a fix available if you have a progressive player and are experiencing a "blanking out" of the screen when you go from a dark scene to a very bright scene.
Other than that this TV is a beautiful set. It does 3:2 pulldown and it's "magic focus" convergence program does a nice job.
More background info on these sets please go into the Hitachi Forum at http://www.hometheaterspot.com
Later,
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks