Are there any HDTV compatible tv's under 30"

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JamesL, Mar 20, 2002.

1. JamesL

JamesL Agent

As per my subject line - Are there any HDTV compatible tv's under 30"?

2. Joel Aparicio

Samsung make a 27" model for $899 other than that 32" is as small as you can go.[​IMG]

3. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

The 27" is a 4x3 set. Samsung makes a 30" 16x9, as well.

DJ

4. JamesL

JamesL Agent

Thanks this 4:3 27" set may be what I'm looking for.
    But I'm a little confused - Samsung has 2 listed on there website:
    - TSL2795HF and TSL2793HF (HD Upgradeable listed beside it)
    The HD upgradeable scares me so I conclude the TSL2795HF looks good so I go to a local retailers website and it indicates the following:
    "Not only is the Samsung Tantus TSL2795H HD upgradeable, it also presents the viewer with a pure flat image that virtually has no picture distortion from reflections or glare. The progressive scan doubling system allows a "flicker free" image, and the 3D digital comb filter will go even further to create a visibly better picture quality."
    again HD upgradeable and under the specs for HDTV and progressive scanning it indicates "NO" even though the above statement says: "The progressive scan doubling system allows a "flicker free" image"
    So that is why I'm confused - What I want is to buy a future proof TV for occassional viewing but mainly a TV for present gaming, specifically I would like to take advantage of the Xbox's 480P games and future games that may be 1080i. Will the Tantus TV's do the trick?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    FYI - here is the link to the retailers website:
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...=&newdeptid=11

5. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

6. Joel Aparicio

The reason that it says HD upgradeable is because it has no onboard HD tuner. Most HD TV's don't come with HD tuners that is why they are know as monotors. As long as you use the TV with your XBOX or a outboard HD Tuner (like a digital satalite reciever or digital cable box)you will be just fine.[​IMG]