Are there any "Final Fight" type of games for the Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andres Munoz, Dec 10, 2002.

1. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

For some strange reason, my wife, who is not into video games that much, loves games like "Final Fight" where two people team up to beat up the bad guys. We could play all kinds of crappy Final Fight rip-offs for the Super NES and the N64 for hours.

Are there any for the Gamecube?

PS: No first person shooters.

2. John Chow

John Chow Second Unit

Hunter: The Reckoning is what you are looking for. I played it for the Xbox, and I believe there is a gamecube version. It supports up to 4 ppl. Baldur's Gate[​IMG]ark Alliance(assuming there is a 'cube version) would probably count too.

3. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Thanks John. Those two look pretty interesting.

Keep them coming.

4. paul h

paul h Supporting Actor

Both decent games but have lost some of their quality in the conversion from XBox/PS2 ...

You might enjoy Super Smash Brothers Melee but cant think of others games along the lines of Final Fight.

5. Mark Evans

Mark Evans Supporting Actor

That particular genre is unfortunately fairly dead these days. Which is a shame, as a truly interactive environment plus a beat 'em up could be fun. (Can you imagine grabbing pipes and stuff but instead being able to use ANYTHING in the background and demolish buildings? Fun!)

Super Smash Bros. does not EXACTLY fit the bill, but it does have 2D fighting action. It's good fun to play two-player team versus the comp too if you're looking for something along those lines.

6. Kelley_B

Kelley_B Cinematographer

You might want to give Godzilla King of the Monsters a spin. Not exactly what you are looking for but a great beat'em up nonetheless.

7. DaveGTP

DaveGTP Cinematographer

I would tentatively suggest Mystic Heroes. Me and a friend personally enjoy Dynasty Warriors quite a bit. Mystic Heroes is an anime-style magiced up version of Dynasty Warriors. You can play 4 player and beat up bunches of soldiers and monsters. I rented it and, personally I like Dynasty Warriors better, but it isn't a Cube game. Mystic Heroes is the next best thing.

8. JamesH

JamesH Supporting Actor

Dynasty Warriors 3 is really what you need.