What's new

Are there any "female dominated" forums out there? (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Just curious. With all the threads here about hot actresses (which I don't mind at all, the pictures and links in them provided are most appreciated :)) and other rather "men-only" discussions, I was wondering what goes on in an "After Hours" style forum on a site that's more frequented by women than by men. It might be an interesting read.
Anyone know of any such forums, preferrably popular and heavily used ones?

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
For the past year, I've hung out at a virtually female-only forum (weddingchannel.com) that gets a lot of traffic. The "chit-chat" forum, which is basically an OT forum like After Hours, gets the same exact posts this place does. Well, just substitue all the "this chic is hot" posts for "this guy is hot" posts. Otherwise, its virtually identical. People talk about the same issues such as pet care, credit/loan problems, favorite TV shows, etc. Its actually quite entertaining because I'll read a thread over there then come by here and there is an identical thread here. Some days its like Deja Vu.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Leila, thanks for the link, that's pretty much what I was looking for.
Man, I didn't know you could talk so much about weddings! Jesus Christ.
And the "General Chit-Chat" is pretty much like the "After Hours" here (but with more wedding-related questions). There was a thread about Vanilla Coke there now, and one about Matt Lauer. :) But I doubt we'll find threads like the one about the Link Removed here, we'd probably be more likely to find the actual "hubby" here (he sounds an awful lot like me, by the way... :)), complaining that his wife wants him to be overly cheerful to people he doesn't care about. :D
Thanks again, I'm gonna read that site some more. :)

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I have noticed too, that this is a male dominated site, and I did a very unofficial polling of my female friends, asking about their interest in home theater and dvd, and surround sound and such, and all of these women told me that they had great interest in film, but not as great an interest in the software/hardware stuff. Too small a group to draw any conclusions, I know, but...I thought it was notable that none of them cared enough about these subjects to even browse the board. I never thought of this as a "guy thing".

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Well, if they have thread like Link Removed often, I will be a regular on that board! :eek:
--
Holadem

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
MickeS, you're welcome. And Holadem, threads like that do come up often enough. There's some interesting stuff in there. I see you guys found yourself in the "newlywed" section. Try also looking around in "Stories and Advice", there is another Chit-Chat forum. The emotional support forum has some juicy stuff in there too. Obviously a lot of it is wedding related but interesting none the less.
But please, be nice to the girls. Wedding planning is extremely stressful and they are my friends too. :)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Holadem, do you believe that guy, or was he just looking for a quick (but very cruel) way out of their relationship? I would have wanted to know. :)

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
I certainly would have wanted to know. I probably would have emailed a few times with him, maybe even have lunch one day just to hear the story. I think though, the guy was probably telling the truth, that something happened that he couldn't tell her about and his death was a coverup.
Kinda like GrantB's story but not nearly as dramatic.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that would suck. I've always felt like that would happen to me, so I never threw any parties or anything (I don't have a lot of a friends). Our wedding was very small, so I think everyone we invited, or close at least, showed up.

Man, now I'M talking about weddings! That site is a bad influence on me.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
The thread about "backdoor sex" is pretty interesting too...
And someone needs to tell them about HTF in this thread: Link Removed :)

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Interesting site...I almost envision HT equipment listings at the end of their .sigs though.
"My equipment: Yamaha DSP-A1 150W/channel DD5.1/DTS receiver."
versus
"My pet: Easter-egg colored Cocker Spaniel/Bulldog-cross named Fluffy. Can flush toilets."
Somehow, I can't imagine any of the members there wanting to head over to the HTF. I'm sure plenty of people here will attempt to cross-pollinate there though. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks