Are there any cheaper options for 1000+ CD/DVD storage than this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Oct 27, 2002.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

I'm looking a cd/dvd holder that will hold around a 1000 cds. I'm not really willing to make anything from scratch and I don't have a lot of room for a wall unit. I'm looking at this unit but it's a bit pricey. Are there any other options?
    Thanks!
    James

2. Eric Stuckey

Eric Stuckey Second Unit

James, be carefull man, I ordered a dvd holder from TheJangles.com and it is the biggiest piece of crap Iv ever spent $150 on! The wood the case is made of is so week and the nuts that hold the thing together is "soft metal " and mine stiped with hardly and turn to tighten it up.I called them to tell them what a piece of crap they sold me and they dint care.Told me to take it up with the magnfactor.
    Be carefull.

3. Brian Gentry

Brian Gentry Agent

I think the Boltz racks are incredibly well made. They're also expandable, so you can add as many as you need.
    Unfortunately, if you think $220 is "pricey", the Boltz racks are probably a bit much for you, as the base large unit (MM-252) is $250 and holds 252 DVDs, 385 CDs or 147 VHS. You'd need at least two of these wide (base plus one expansion module) and maybe three total (base plus two expansion modules) if you seriously need to store 1000 cds.
    Again, these racks are rock solid, all metal, well designed, and nicely finished. Check them out here:
    http://www.boltz.com/multimedia/index.stm
    Brian.

4. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Eric,
    Thanks for the heads up on the quality of thejungle.com, so I don't make the same mistake twice who made you cd holder?

Brian,
    I've checked Boltz out a bunch of times, but I really don't have the room for what they offer. Thanks for the info though. I may buy something in the future from them when I have the room.
    James

5. Rich Allen

Rich Allen Second Unit

Rich Allen
    These spinners are sold in several places. I ordered one from "Get Organized", a catalog we get several times a year.
    Here is the same item from them:
    http://amos.catalogcity.com/cc.class...508833&ccsyn=1
    I've had my spinner for several years now and it's held up pretty well. And this company seems pretty reliable.

6. TomCW

TomCW Second Unit

Check out:
    http://www.cdracks.com/
    I have 4 of the 501 models. Look great, work great, but are not spinners. Jim is friendly, reliable and builds a high quality product.
    Tom