Are the sony mf600h really shielded because my tvs messed up

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bobby Parsons, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Bobby Parsons

Bobby Parsons Stunt Coordinator

They say they are sheilded. But I have bought 3 jvc tvs and each gets the rainbow effect. I think its getting worse. If they arent how can I sheild them?

2. Bill_Wil

Bill_Wil Stunt Coordinator

It sure sounds like they arent shielded or that the shielding isnt doing its job. Are you talking about just the center speaker sitting on top of the TV or the front speakers as well? If its the front speakers you can usually just move them a little bit further from the TV and the problem goes away. Also try moving them forward or backward a little bit. If its the center speaker theres not a lot you can do. I've heard of people putting a steel plate under the speaker if its sitting on top of the TV.

3. Bobby Parsons

Bobby Parsons Stunt Coordinator

its not the center. I dont have it sitting on the tv. Its my 2 large tower front speakers. I'm not sure its my speakers doing it to the tv but I cant think of anything else that would cause this.

4. Cagri

Cagri Second Unit

Well, it is simple to find out if it's your speakers or the TV itself. Sometimes we all miss the simplest step to find the cause of a problem, because it's so simple [​IMG] Move the speakers further and see if the TV is still displaying the symptoms. It is probably the speakers though because IIRC you have another thread in another forum where you say this is the 3rd set with the same problem.