Are the prices for the Paradigm Studio v3 out yet?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Jul 29, 2002.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Just curious if anybody has any insider info!
    James

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    V3 Titans were the same price as V2

V3 Minis were only a little more expensive than the V2

I have no idea what the deal could be for the Studios...

3. ChaseHanna

ChaseHanna Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know a date for the v3's yet? Rumors have been saying that the v3's will be a little more expensive than the v2's. Im actually looking to pick up a set of Studio v2's - Studio 40's/20's and a CC. If anyone is upgrading and wants to drop thier v2's on me, send me some mail [​IMG]

4. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

deleted, misread post, did not realize catered to Studios

5. James Bergeron

James Bergeron Supporting Actor

I was told that the studio Series wasn't going to have a V3, this was by a paradigm dealer. Maybe he was just trying to make sure I bought, but I don't know.

6. John Garcia

John
    There was a post from another forum from a discussion with with a person from Paradigm itself who stated that the Studio V3 is on it's way. Either that or the line will be replaced, but something new is coming is the word.

7. Duke

Duke Stunt Coordinator

at the may 2002 stereophile show in NYC, the Paradigm rep advised me of a new center channel, no details.

8. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Here is the link to John's comment on the AVS forum if this is what he is referring to.
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=134959
    Here is the comment of the Studio Series. Yes, Something is going to change.
    "As I mentioned in my response to James, the Studio Series v.2 is enormously successful product and while we're always investigating many possible design improvements for all of our speakers, achieving real improvements is difficult and time consuming. The high-end performance of the current Studio Series is very hard to beat! Properly set up and tweaked with the optimal components and cables, Studio Series v.2 speakers deliver tremendous high-end performance.
    We continue to consider many avenues for improvement, but there really is nothing that we can report on at this time. As far as even higher-end product above the Studio Series is concerned, we are considering that possibility but again there really is nothing we can report on at this time. "
    Bill VanderMarel
    US Director of Sales & Marketing
    Paradigm/AudioStream

9. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

How about MSRP prices on the v.3 Monitor series? I'm particularyly interested in the Monitor 7, CC-370, ADP-370, and Mini Monitors. Unfortunately, my local dealer is like a car dealer and always quotes prices above MSRP. I'm not even going to begin negotiating from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10. Gary_Sc

Gary_Sc Agent

Alex,

I recently paid $499 for my Monitor 5v3 and $319 for my CC370 v3. That is 10% off the store's "list" prices. I don't know if they are MSRP but here are the prices I was given:

Monitor 5 v3 $549
    Monitor 7 v3 $699

I can't remember the original price on the CC370 but it was in the neighborhood of $350.

11. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Alex.. If you read through that thread on the AVS forum, I specifically addressed that question of publishing MSRP's on their web site in Canadian or US currency.
    This is a suggestion. Go to Paradigm's web site, email their sales and marketing department or tech support ([email protected]) and address your question and explain your viewpoint on feeling the dealer is inflating the MSRP. Perhaps they will provide the information you want on the Monitor ver. 3's.
    I've not seen any published reports on the web of prices for ver. 3's. Perhaps someone else has. You also might want to look at the ver 2 MSRP's and use that as a guide.
    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/buyer...-speakers.html
    http://www.bradfordshifi.com/prices.htm#Paradigm
    I have found with the Studio series that two local Paradigm dealers discount that product line at a 12--20% level. You might do better.
    Hope this helps..

12. John Garcia

John
    I've gotten varying discounts, depending on product, of up to 20% on new items with my local dealer. Right now they are not discounting V3s because they are new, but the discounts for the existing V2 stock can be impressive, I got my V2 M5s for %50 off...

13. Alex Prosak

Alex Prosak Supporting Actor

Thanks guys, I think I will send a message to Paradigm.

Gary,

Those prices seem correct, the Monitor 5 and 7 prices are up $50 over the v.2 prices. I'd heard the price had gone up, I just didn't know how much.

Chas,

Your link confirms the prices. Thanks.

Until I went in to the dealer the other day and mentioned there was a v.3, the salesman I spoke to didn't even know about it. The guy has been there for years so he's either trying to pull the wool over my eyes or he just doesn't keep up with his project as well as he should.