Are the american acoustic development (AAD) c-series speakers any good.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave_Whiting, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Dave_Whiting

Dave_Whiting Stunt Coordinator

So what do you reckon??

2. Dave_Whiting

Well?? Or has no one heard of these speakers?

3. Dave_Whiting

So I take it no one has heard these speakers.

4. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

If their 2000 series is any indicator, these speakers are going to be very good. The 2001 speakers are probably the best bookshelves that I have heard under $3500.

5. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

I just saw the AAD E series speakers at the CEDIA Expo this weekend and will have the rep stopping by for me to audition them. If I like them, I may become an AAD dealer. Unfortunately, they were not hooked up at the show so I didn't get to hear them at all yet. But I'd rather audition them in a more familiar environment anyway.

Brian

6. Tony Genovese

Tony Genovese Supporting Actor

Phil Jones has had a very illustrious career in loudspeaker developement. He was the founder of Acoustic Energy, worked with Boston Acoustics on their AMD tweeter, founded Platinum Loudspeakers and now AAD. He knows his stuff and anything he designs is worthy of a listen.

7. george king

george king Supporting Actor

Brian,

Are you also going to audition the new S series, which also look interesting?

Thanks

8. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

George,

I don't see any mention of an S series on the website other than a S2000 subwoofer in the News section. I'm sure if I asked the rep to bring something by for an audition that it wouldn't be a problem.

Brian

9. george king

george king Supporting Actor

Brian,
    They were mentioned in the coming attractions section of this month's SGHT. Also they are shown on the solspeak webpage. Here is the link.
    http://www.solspeak.com/products_aad.html
    and then scroll about half way down the page. According to SGHT prices run from $500-2000/pair. I am looking to upgrade my speakers in the next 6 or so months, and AAD has always been spoken of highly. I will be mating the new speakers (whatever they are) with a Rotel front end (1075 amp and probably the 1066 preamp, although the preamp might change).
    Thanks a bunch

10. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

George,

Ah yes! I did see those at the show! They looked very nice. It just so happens that that red cherry finish is my favorite. I'll have to see if I can give them a listen. Since they were mixed in with Soliloquy speakers I guess I didn't realize they were AAD models.

This may be a good way to go if I get too busy to do my custom built speakers using several high quality kits.

Brian