What's new

Are speakers bought in US compatible with 240V power? (1 Viewer)

Robert Sun

Agent
Probably a bit of a stupid question.....

I am in Australia and our power is 240V, if I imported speakers from the US (120V? power) would they work connected to my reciever?

If they will can anyone recommend any trustworthy online stores to look at?

Thanks in advance.

Jason GT

Second Unit
Unpowered speakers?

I don't see why you would have a problem. There is no power modification on the speaker-end of things unless you're dealing with powered speakers.

A watt in North America is identical to a watt in Australia. When wondering about outlet voltage, just be concerned with your electronics (unless once again, you are dealing with powered speakers).

Bhavesh

Stunt Coordinator
You only need to be careful if you're buying a powered sub. Both HSU and SVS offer 220V versions of their amps but the Dayton 10'' I've been looking at will need a 220-110V step down transformer.

I've had excellent customer service from Axiom Audio, absolutely no problems when buying with a credit card. Had an M22ti shipped to South Africa. However, be aware that shipping costs are quite significant: I spent $136.80 on shipping for a single speaker that cost only $190. But for some reason I never had to pay any customs duties...still can't figure it out:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks