Are Sony Blank Cassette's any good?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Keith Ant, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Keith Ant

Keith Ant Auditioning

Does Sony make a good blank cassette as compared to the likes of Maxell or TDK?I have a chance to buy a bulk amount of Sony UX-PRO 90min tapes real cheap but i have never used that tape before,i have used Maxell XLII-S tapes and have never had a problem with them but if the Sony's are good i might buy them..Thanks so much in advanced for any help..Keith H.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I like UX-Pro's. To be honest, and I actually don't like Sony [​IMG], I'd put them a hair above UD-XL II-S's and TDK SAX's. This was years ago though. I don't know about current formulations.

But remember, what was best on my deck might be different than your deck...

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Wow, another blast-from-the-past thread. We had the cassette deck thread on the Audio/Video Hardware thread too! I need to get a new cassette deck for my main system. If and when I do, I'll know which blank cassettes to get! [​IMG]

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Sony cassettes are fine in my extensive experience. The ones to avoid are Memorex.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Sony UX-Pro still exists?? When I was still using my Sony TC-K670 3 head 3 motor cassette deck (which I still have, BTW), Sony UX-Pro was the best Type II tape I've ever used. I've tried Maxell XLII-S and TDK SA-X, and none of them gave as good of performance as the UX-Pro. Perhaps because of the matching I have with my Sony deck, although I could do all sorts of bias adjustments with the deck. For metal blank tapes, get the Sony Metal Master.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]