1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Are Sony Blank Cassette's any good?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Keith Ant, Apr 6, 2003.

1. Keith Ant

Keith Ant Auditioning

Does Sony make a good blank cassette as compared to the likes of Maxell or TDK?I have a chance to buy a bulk amount of Sony UX-PRO 90min tapes real cheap but i have never used that tape before,i have used Maxell XLII-S tapes and have never had a problem with them but if the Sony's are good i might buy them..Thanks so much in advanced for any help..Keith H.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

I like UX-Pro's. To be honest, and I actually don't like Sony [​IMG], I'd put them a hair above UD-XL II-S's and TDK SAX's. This was years ago though. I don't know about current formulations.

But remember, what was best on my deck might be different than your deck...

3. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Wow, another blast-from-the-past thread. We had the cassette deck thread on the Audio/Video Hardware thread too! I need to get a new cassette deck for my main system. If and when I do, I'll know which blank cassettes to get! [​IMG]

4. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Sony cassettes are fine in my extensive experience. The ones to avoid are Memorex.

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Sony UX-Pro still exists?? When I was still using my Sony TC-K670 3 head 3 motor cassette deck (which I still have, BTW), Sony UX-Pro was the best Type II tape I've ever used. I've tried Maxell XLII-S and TDK SA-X, and none of them gave as good of performance as the UX-Pro. Perhaps because of the matching I have with my Sony deck, although I could do all sorts of bias adjustments with the deck. For metal blank tapes, get the Sony Metal Master.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]