What's new

Are Some Children Just Born Evil? (1 Viewer)

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
I mean evil to the core. Without the hope of rehabilitation. The kind of kids that not only you wouldn't want to have your kids or pets around, but you yourself would think twice about letting them out of your sight? What do you think?

Me, I've known of a couple of kids who tortured animals and did Satanic things with them. From what I know, they grew up to be adults who've spent time in prison. Then there's those two kids in England I think that took the toddler and killed him. Kind of like that movie The Good Son, with Macaulay Culkin.

Nathan A

Second Unit
What do you think? Considering your sig, I figure you've given it at least some real thought.

I'm not entirely convinced, but at present I believe that they're not born evil- more like a blank slate. I think it mostly stems from poor parenting, but I do think that even parents who mean well can end up with heathen kids.

Of the kids I really know, one stands out as being monstrous, and it's clearly because of terrible parenting. We must invent Good Parenting Pills.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I've got to put the blame on the parents too. There may be a few born with chemical imbalances or whatnot, but the vast majority of 'evil' kids just have idiots for parents.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
some have terrible parents, some have terrible genes, and it's pretty tough to know which is which until you spend a lot of time with the kid.

CJ

RickRO

Stunt Coordinator
Christ says

I agree with this somewhat....but there are those children that you know they know right from wrong and they actually choose to "take the evil path".

Anybody ever chaperoned a field trip with their child's class somewhere? I had the "pleasure" of chaperoning a trip to the zoo adn I volunteered to take three children (who's parents I knew and are very well respected" plus my own child and one of the kids you could just tell the evil wheels were turning. I though to myself that the local law enforcement would surely be "meeting up" with this individual at some later date. :frowning:

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I prescribe to the "tabula rosa" or blank slate theory, unless some sort of physiological condition is proven. Definitely the parents to blame....

But then again, I've raised an angel...... ok, maybe it was more my wife's doing, but I recall being present at some point ;)

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
The two main factors are parenting and genetics. Of course, adults with bad genetics are statistically more likely to be bad parents, so many kids are getting a double whammy.

Do you mean "unless proven for a specific case" or "unless proven that there is even such a thing as a genetic physiological condition"?

Does any body remember the ADD thread that Holadem started a few years back (I scored a 221 on an internet test)? Well, it turns out that ADD has hit our kids pretty hard. I used to not belive in ADD too much, but it turns out that there is a lot of science behind it now (SPECT imagining and everything). The bizarre part is watching my 9 year old daughter who just tested an IQ of 133 spend two hours doing remedial homework - she literally cannot focus for more than a few seconds before she's thinking about something else. And reading the books, I can see how ADD has affected almost every aspect of my life. I'm learning that some kids require different parenting skills than others, and the prevailing theory here that any kid can be fixed if the parent beats them enough is simply ass backwards in many cases.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Out of curiousity D. Scott MacDonald, is your daughter a video game fan, comparatively inactive, or perhaps spend a large amount of time watching TV rather than perhaps reading?

Users who are viewing this thread