What's new

Are retail PCs really this bad, nowadays? (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I can also recommend HP. My gaming buddies who are tired of building their pcs every year(they upgrade alot) just buy a new HP and slap a video card with more ram in it and away they go.

Honestly building one is the way to go IMHO. You can do it in less than a few hours if you are good at it and careful.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Curious, do the new HP's support PCI x16 for the graphics card? I would think most gamers wound want that now since the latest graphics card seem to be favoring that interface.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
This happened at work recently. A three year old Dell, which was working last anyone had seen it, was pulled out of storage for my use. I recabled it, and it was just dead. In this case, there the PSU fan limped on, and the power/HD lights blinked softly.

Dell support came onsite and replaced the MB and PSU, and all was well again. Off failure; hadn't seen that before.

I'm suprised to hear the support for HP PCs. I thought they weren't particularly good, but it's good to hear otherwise.

Rommel_L

Second Unit
The Dell XPS 400 is a decent low-mid level gaming rig. The hardware is decent but the software setup is terrible. Any true gamer worth his/her salt ALWAYS tweak EVERYTHING first, make sure everything is optimized, then play his/her favorite game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks