What's new

Are pure-bread dogs for the ultra rich now? (1 Viewer)

RogerB

Second Unit
I spent the last 8 years telling my wife and son "no dogs in our house". Then my wife tells me about the Coton de Tulear and shows me some pictures. Three months later:
Link Removed
Not only is he purebred but the Coton is a rare breed. You won't find one in a shelter.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
Mike Voigt, do any of your friends complain about excess energy in the dog? Our backyard opens onto a yet-udeveloped city park, and there is another one accross the road. We live out away from the heart of the city and there is a lot of large public spaces for the dog to excercise. I've heard the key with greyhounds is to teach to chew on one thing only so they dont chew on your stuff.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Never breed or buy while animals in shelters die.
This is an excellant rule as far as housepets go. But many people breed, buy, and sell purebreeds specifically because of traits inherant to that dog. This is the reason 95% of all seeing-eye gog's are german shepards, and (I'm fairly certain) 100% of the guard-dog market is cornered by Rottweilers, Doberman Pinschers,and German Shepards (one would look strangely at the millionare who guarded his mansion with toy poodles).

sporting and hearding breeds are also eugenically engineered for these purposes (But I'm not a hunter, so I'm not up on my hound knowledge).

However, if you aren't breeding/buying your next dog for a specific work/guard/(and sadly but possible)fighting job, your best bet usually lies in the shelters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks