What's new

Are Power Conditioners Worth It? (1 Viewer)

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
I'm looking at an upgrade to my theater receiver for the first time in about 5 years. While perusing the various products I'd be willing to try a lot of the online sites tack on 'recommendations' that include the Monster signature series of power conditioners.

Are these things worth it? They're between $399 and $999 depending on what ones you get.

Panamax is another one listed a lot.

I've not suffered from a lot of power problems that I know of, but I've also moved to North Carolina from KS. There seem to be a lot more 'power flickers' here than there was in KS. I'm sure it has to do with the abundance of trees here compared to KS :)

Any suggestions?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
This belongs in the tweaks area.

I have two Panamax power conditioners, and I have to say I was surprised at the improvement in video, even going from my 4300 to a 5100. The difference in audio is pretty much nil that I can tell. For what I paid, I am very happy with both.

Great place to get them from:

www.powersystemsdirect.com

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Howdy. This is a long debated issue. Do a search and I'm sure you'll pull up several long threads. I think it comes down to the rest of your equipment. If you own all really good equipment then the differences will probably be greater. Also, if for some reason you have extremely "dirty" power it will help. I own a Monster HTS-2500. I like it a lot. It retails for around $300 I believe. I bought mine on Ebay "New In Box" for just over $100. Something died inside when I'd had it for about a week. Monster replaced it with no hassle (even knowing that I bought on Ebay!). So look for deals. I wouldn't have spent $300 for it, but for $100 I think I did alright.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks