Are Pioneer receivers spaced for dual banana ?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Kelly N, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

I have not ever used dual bananas, only singles and a friend is about to order some to go with a VSX-D711. He would prefer to use duals if the receiver's binding posts are spaced correctly for it. Any one out here tried it?

Thanks.

2. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

I have not ever used dual bananas, only singles and a friend is about to order some to go with a VSX-D711. He would prefer to use duals if the receiver's binding posts are spaced correctly for it. Any one out here tried it?

Thanks.

3. Kelly N

Kelly N Agent

Shameless bump, but I'm running out of time before my buddy needs to place his order.

4. TimMc

TimMc Stunt Coordinator

Kelly - Sorry, but I can't give you a definitive answer on this one simply 'cause I don't have a 711. However, I do know that I couldn't use my old dual bananas on my Pioneer (Elite thingie) and I think I've read in several places (reviews, etc.) that was a fairly common minor complaint about more than one Pioneer model. My dual plugs were fairly old but I always thought they were the "standard" size, and the spacing on the Pioneer's back was just a bit too close together to use them for any speaker connections.