What's new

Are Paradigm Studio's worth paying twice the price of Axioms, for bookshelves? (1 Viewer)

ChaseHanna

Stunt Coordinator
Guys,
Axiom has new stock in the factory outlet and the M22Ti's can be had for $340 shipped here to Texas w/ no tax. Paradigm Studio 40's on the other hand can be had from a local dealer for $800 before tax before haggling.

My question is this: For a college apartment setup, would it be worth paying twice as much of a set of Stuido 40's(fronts), 20's (rears), Studio CC over 4 Axiom M22Ti's and a VP100? As I figure it, with stands, I probably could walk away with the Paradigms for $2100 - $2200 with tax where as the Axioms with stands would run me $1036. For that price I could throw a SVS 25-31PCi in the mix as well and still come off way under the Paradigm budget.

What are your thoughts? Are there enough improvements to warrant twice the money?

Rob Landolfi

Stunt Coordinator
Chase,

I have the Axiom Epic Master system (M3's, VP100, QS4 surrounds, EP175 sub), and it is incredible in my 20 X 12 room. I am an Axiom fan, and would recommend any of their setups. Admittedly, I haven't heard the Paradigm setup you're looking at, but I think you'd do very well with the Axiom setup you're contemplating. My only suggestion would be to consider their surround line (QS4, QS8) for your rears as they are very forgiving for placement. If you're a direct radiator fan for your surrounds, then your original system should be fine. Good luck.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
For that price I could throw a SVS 25-31PCi in the mix as well and still come off way under the Paradigm budget.
You can't go wrong with Paradigm, they are the safest choice. However, with the buzz the axioms are getting, they can't be that much worse, especially if you have never compared them. If going with the Axiom is the only way to have an SVS, then it's Axioms all the way.

For an HT setup, I would take lesser speakers with a good sub over better speakers anytime. Obviously that depends somewhat on teh difference of quality, but again, I doubt that for HT, the paradigms are worth giving up an SVS for.

--
Holadem

Fong

Stunt Coordinator
it is my understanding that the m22s are about on par with (or maybe a bit worse) the studio 20s and 40s. can anyone verify this? and i totally agree with holadem: if you can get an svs w/ a minimal difference in speaker quality, go for it.

ReggieW

Screenwriter
From what I've heard from the few people who have owned all three at some point, they often put the Axiom M22's between the Studio 20 and 40. The studio 20 is a 650.00 speaker, the studio 40 is 900.00, and the M22 is 400.00. It does not surprise me that the M22 can best the Studio 20, but I have been told that the 40's are a little better, but is it 500.00 better - or twice the price of the M22, is the question. It clearly depends on your budget and what you are willing to spend. Personally, I am going for M22's all around with a VP-150 center and a VTF-2 or Adire Rava subwoofer. Axioms customer service is also OUTSTANDING in every way. I don't think you can do much better for the 1,600.00 that this amazing system will bring.:emoji_thumbsup:
Reg

ClaudeL

Stunt Coordinator
IMHO, the Paradigm Monitor v.3 series IS the best choice. Well, I have the Monitor 9 v.3 and had the v.2 in the past and wow, the v.3 sounds likes the Paradigm Studio 80 no jokes!!! And u know what? The present v.3 cost the SAME than the last v.2. Paradigm, with their new Monitor series has made a huge step for the value. Big thumbs up for Paradigm :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks