What's new

Are my Star Trek TV boxes worth anything? (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I have all seasons of all Star Trek TV shows, which takes up about 6 feet on the top of my entertainment center.

For ease of use, I eventually transferred all the disc into two large binders.

At this point, I'm on the verge of throwing out all the boxes unless they're worth something.

On the other hand, I don't want to sell them to someone who's going to put bootlegs in them and sell again for more.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: As a secondary question, is there any reason for concern when storing a fairly large amount of discs in a binder (discs warping or cracking)?

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit

Take care that the binder doesn't get damaged, avoid high humidity and all should be well. You may find that, eventually, the discs will get scuffed but, if you're careful...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'll answer your original question and say that I'd bet you could sell them on eBay to someone who accidentally messed up their box or will use them for their personal bootlegs or use them to scam someone with bootlegs (as you said). You won't make a fortune but it'll be more than you would by tossing them.

However, I will agree with everyone else and say that if you throw them away or sell them, you'll kick yourself some day.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I guess I'm not that enamorred with Paramount's TV packaging...

Every boxset uses super-tight push-to-release button hubs which had me sweating bullets everytime I had to pry a disc out.

I could file down the hub clips to make them easier to use, but we're talking about 27 seasons here and the binder was just a better solution.

Now that they're empty, it's getting hard to justify living with 27 empty boxes when I need the space for other stuff.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Are you guys talking about the original series packaging that came in red, yellow , blue ? I display those proudly, space or not, why would you get rid of those , theyre awesome !

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks