1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Are more season sets of Stargate SG-1 going to be release?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kanwar Sandhu, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Kanwar Sandhu

I've recently started to watch reruns of this show, and I love it; enough to warrant the purchase of season sets on DVD, even.
    I want to purchase the first season set, but only if more will be released. Does anyone know if more will be coming out soon?
    On a related note, is the Stargate (i.e. the mmovie) DVD going to be redone? I want to purchase it, but the current version is not an anamorphic release.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

MGM should be releasing a new season every May. They should release them every 6 months, but I guess we'll take what we can get.
    I doubt that Stargate: The movie will be redone until rights revert back to whoever owns them from Artisan. There are anamorphic/DTS releases in other countries however
    Jeff Kleist

3. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer
    Supporter

Simon Massey
    If you have a multi-region player, they have released a best of Season 1, full versions of Seasons 2 and 3 in the and are just about to release Season 4, in the UK.
    However, they are not box sets, and are issued at 4 episodes per disc (to fill up the last discs in the season, the end of Season 2 disc has 2 episodes from Season 1 not on the best of disc, and end of Season 3 has documentaries on the making of the show)
    They are also set to release Stargate (the movie) in October. It will be anamorphic, and it will be the Director's cut.
    I am also hearing rumours that it might have a DTS soundtrack as well, though I am not sure how accurate this is.
    Simon

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Even though I've posted it a million times before, I agree that Stargate SG-1 should be on a 6 month release schedule. One year between each season is a bit long to wait. I've got the cash in hand ready to buy each season as it becomes available. I just wish they were available sooner rather than later.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

5. Kanwar Sandhu

First, guys, thanks for the info!!
    Second, so what I'm reading is that season two of Stargate SG-1 is indeed going to be released, but just not this year; it will probably hit store shelves sometime next year. Am I correct? If I am, then I can purchase season one, and expect season two to be eventually released. Cool!!!
    As for the movie, I definitely want to buy it, but if we have to wait a while for it to be released as a special/collectors edition with full 16:9 enhancement, I'll wait!!!

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Kanwar: I think you can be confident of it arriving by May of next year. And your purchase of season 1 will only encourage them further. It's definitely worth the price. I even picked up an extra one for my mother who _loves_ Richard Dean Anderson - but had not yet watched the series.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, I'd say it'll be released. It's definately worth the price, even though the discs are a tad too compressed.
    Please keep in mind that all of those European releases are in PAL, and you will need an HTPC or and player that will pass PAL (with a converter box, $300) or convert it to NTSC (very few players do this)
    Jeff Kleist