Are more season sets of Stargate SG-1 going to be release?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kanwar Sandhu, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Kanwar Sandhu

I've recently started to watch reruns of this show, and I love it; enough to warrant the purchase of season sets on DVD, even.
    I want to purchase the first season set, but only if more will be released. Does anyone know if more will be coming out soon?
    On a related note, is the Stargate (i.e. the mmovie) DVD going to be redone? I want to purchase it, but the current version is not an anamorphic release.

2. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

MGM should be releasing a new season every May. They should release them every 6 months, but I guess we'll take what we can get.
    I doubt that Stargate: The movie will be redone until rights revert back to whoever owns them from Artisan. There are anamorphic/DTS releases in other countries however
    Jeff Kleist

3. Simon Massey

Simon Massey Cinematographer

Simon Massey
    If you have a multi-region player, they have released a best of Season 1, full versions of Seasons 2 and 3 in the and are just about to release Season 4, in the UK.
    However, they are not box sets, and are issued at 4 episodes per disc (to fill up the last discs in the season, the end of Season 2 disc has 2 episodes from Season 1 not on the best of disc, and end of Season 3 has documentaries on the making of the show)
    They are also set to release Stargate (the movie) in October. It will be anamorphic, and it will be the Director's cut.
    I am also hearing rumours that it might have a DTS soundtrack as well, though I am not sure how accurate this is.
    Simon

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Even though I've posted it a million times before, I agree that Stargate SG-1 should be on a 6 month release schedule. One year between each season is a bit long to wait. I've got the cash in hand ready to buy each season as it becomes available. I just wish they were available sooner rather than later.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

5. Kanwar Sandhu

First, guys, thanks for the info!!
    Second, so what I'm reading is that season two of Stargate SG-1 is indeed going to be released, but just not this year; it will probably hit store shelves sometime next year. Am I correct? If I am, then I can purchase season one, and expect season two to be eventually released. Cool!!!
    As for the movie, I definitely want to buy it, but if we have to wait a while for it to be released as a special/collectors edition with full 16:9 enhancement, I'll wait!!!

6. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

Kanwar: I think you can be confident of it arriving by May of next year. And your purchase of season 1 will only encourage them further. It's definitely worth the price. I even picked up an extra one for my mother who _loves_ Richard Dean Anderson - but had not yet watched the series.
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Thank you Sci-Fi channel for Season 6 of Stargate SG-1
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

7. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Yes, I'd say it'll be released. It's definately worth the price, even though the discs are a tad too compressed.
    Please keep in mind that all of those European releases are in PAL, and you will need an HTPC or and player that will pass PAL (with a converter box, $300) or convert it to NTSC (very few players do this)
    Jeff Kleist