What's new

are Marantz x300 receivers still experiencing dropouts? (1 Viewer)

Gene HS

Auditioning
When starting CD or DVD play with my 5200, I'm experiencing this widely reported problem with my Sony DVD player. Has this been fixed with the new series?

Thanks!

Steve_Corrick

Stunt Coordinator
None at all on my SR7300. I get a brief no audio indication on the dispaly when either of my DVD players switch between a DVD's menu sound - typicaly in stereo and the actual movie soundtrack. The 7300's audio format detection time seems to be almost instant @ 1/2 sec or less. (auto detect mode) Random playing CD's has not produced any dropouts when switching between tracks or disks (auto detect defaults to stereo) and none detected when using CS-PLII-DTS_Neo modes for music playback.

Gene HS

Auditioning
Steve, are you using a Marantz DVD player? I believe there were no dropout using Marantz players. I'm using the Sony DVP-NS500V, experiences with that and the newer Marantz x300 receivers?

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
It's not just Marantz gear that works fine with the x200 series. I have a Marantz 8200, and with my Panasonic RP62 DVD player, the delay is probably less than half of a second. Once it finds the signal the first time, there appears to be no delay when you skip chapters or pause/unpause. The delay is about a second when I use my Playstation 2 for DVD playback (which of course I don't anyway).

Other Marantz gear works well too, of course. My CC4000 CD player has only a very slight delay (less than a half second) when you first put in a disc, but again, any track skipping, pausing, or anything else has no delay whatsoever. Obviously some people have had more trouble, but this is a complete non-issue as far as I'm concerned. The 8200 excells so much in the areas that are important to me (amp section, music reproduction, bypass modes, etc), that I wouldn't trade it in even if I had a 2 second delay. I'm hoping to keep my 8200 for several more years, so I'm just hoping that they actually use the upgrade port for something. I don't want to cry if/when the 8300 comes out! Any news on what they will add or change?

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks