1. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    Is anything ever going to be released?
    Come on...any HTF psychics want to speak up? [​IMG]

2. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

I sure hope "ER" is released. The Japanese get DVD sets of "ER" and we here in America get nothing. If they weren't so expensive, I'd have already bought them from Amazon's Japan website, but I'm hoping Region 1 will get a release sometime from Warner!

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Funny, we JUST talked about this a week or so ago! [​IMG]

4. Chad R

Chad R Cinematographer

Chad Rouch
    Like most TV shows ER was sold into syndication before TV on DVD became a money maker for studios and the contracts with the cable companies and affiliates prohibit home video releases.

When those contracts are renegotiated, they will probably include provisions for DVD releases, especially if the onslaught of TV we're getting this year does well.

5. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Simpsons and Friends took awhile because of syndication considerations, I believe.

6. James Reader

James Reader Screenwriter

It's interesting to note that within the last 6 months or so Warners in the UK releases all of ER in half-season box sets on VHS (and very reasonably priced they were too). Knowing that the series was available on DVD in Japan I was waiting/hoping for a DVD release to follow soon after. It never came.

I think a DVD release is unlikely at this time for that reason.

7. Dene

Dene Agent

I bought the first season release of the Japanese R2s, and can heartily recommend them (bit pricey, though, which is why I haven't succumbed to any further ones).

Picture quality isn't that fantastic, but I reckon it's as good as can be expected given that whole shot-on-film/edited-on-videotape business. They look the same as I've ever seen them on tv here in the UK (or better as it's DVD obviously). Easily removable subs too.

Strangely enough a couple of episodes, eps 5 and 6 or thereabouts, are in the wrong order on the discs!

But it's a fine release -- it comes in two sets of, respectively, 4 and 3 double-sided discs, and there is an extra in the form of a Noah Wyle publicity tour of Japan from 1999, 40m or so.

Season One was fantastic and I loved watching it all again. "Love's Labor Lost" is still probably the best they've ever done, and of course Quentin Tarantino's episode is on here too.

8. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

9. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Maybe it won't take so long after all!
    From The Digital Bits' Rumor Mill:
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html