Are DIRECT TV and DISH NETWORK all there is anymore?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Dick, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    I am dissatisfied with the fees being charged by DIRECT TV -
    I can't get the two sole channels I really want (TCM and FOX MOVIE) for less than $37.00 in an enormous DIRECT TV package, or $40.00 in a DISH NETWORK package. No one does a la carte anymore, and prices have shot up something like 15% in a year's time. Are there any competing companies anymore? What happened to USSB, which used to offer smaller packages for less money? God, this sucks. I may just wait for everything to come out on DVD instead of paying out these incredible fees each month.

2. Shane Martin

Shane Martin Producer

Voom is another option but they will charge you nearly $50.

There has been some rumblings about ala carte pricing but I highly doubt it will pass.

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    When I was a USSB customer, I could only get premium movie channels through them. I never saw any options for any "cable" channels.

-Robert

4. StephenHa

StephenHa Second Unit

ussb was just a package dealer for premium channels who dealt almost exclusivly with directv. there are a few companies who have promised sat tv for a few years, and the fcc is now taking the permits away from some of them for lack of product (they have a set number of years to build a sat.)