What's new

are cd players worth owning. (1 Viewer)

jim09

Grip
Real Name
james
could some one help me please .?

I am trying to decide on wether or not to buy a cd player or not heres my problem .

I have a denon avr 790 , i use an xbox 360 elite which i store music on plus for gaming, & getting ps3 this week which will be used mostly as a blu ray player ,

I have a 5.1 cerwin vega ve theatre setup which ive settled on mainly due to being on big time special when i brought it . which is
ample for my needs.

Would a mid range cd player be more effective than the 50$ transonic dvd player which i am useing at the moment ?,

ive heard different veiws from my freinds.
most of them say a cheap dvd player should do the job, and it does .

would a cd player do the job better?

I like listening to music with the tv off , thats a bit hard playing it through a gaming console . just need to know if im better off getting a dvd player /are cd players noticably better ?
how fancy does your stereo setup have to be before this becomes significant .?
Also im only really into the latest digital tech, hdmi cables blah blah etc for gaming and movies , therefore am i better off
looking for a high end dated ?or second hand cd player? or as my budget dictates get an entry level new one? / do i sacrifice build quality for the sake of an hdmi output ? im sure theres all sorts of things like laser quality etc to think about.

Also any recomendations of good older model denon cd players? would be helpfull too.
Id like denon so i can match it to my receiver which im pretty happy with all round .

any suggestions please let me know thanks James Wells

nolesrule

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Kauffman
If you are using a digital audio connection to your receiver with the CD player, it won't make a difference, as the receiver will do the decoding from the player. A CD player will only be in improvement if it has a better DAC than the receiver and you are using the analog outs from CD to receiver.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks