What's new

Are any Toonces The Driving Cat sketches available on DVD? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Are any Toonces The Driving Cat sketches available on DVD? Were they on the Steve Martin DVD or any others?

Chad

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
There was the 'Toonces And Friends' video that was available for a while on VHS, but it's long out of print and I haven't heard or seen of a DVD version at this point.

You can view some of the Toonces videos by heading to this page:
http://www.catass.com/toonces/

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for that link. I wish there was a way to get them on DVD. they are forgotten gems!

Chad

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I just bid on it on ebay. I remember watching it when it was on. Does that VHS have all of the Toonces sketches?

Chad

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'm not completely sure if it has all of them (note the "and Friends" aspect of the video's title), but it definitely has all the big ones you remember. The first Toonces video, the Tooncinator, etc. The video quality isn't great, but until something shows up on DVD, it's what we have available.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the TV special was funny. I loved ABe Lincoln & His Time Machine and Scruffy The Rat. I remember as a little kid I taped that special when it was on but cried and cried and cried when the tape ran out in the middle of it. Than ks for telling me that the VHS was availlable! Almost 20 years later, I can throw the Kleenex away! I can even convert the VHS to DVD at my friends.
Chad

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I also taped that special when it originally aired. I've since lost the tape but I remember how funny it was, especially "Scruffy The Rat". I'd love to get this if it were ever to become available on DVD.

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
you'll have to do what i do. Find someone with a DVD burner and buy the vhs tape. the tape is like 5 bucks on ebay

Chad

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I just got the VHS (well, I won it on ebay- havent watched it yet). I will transfer it to DVD just to keep it. I cant waiT!

Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks