Are any of these U.K. series coming to Region 1DV? If you've seen them, how are they?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Tory, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Jun 3, 2004
    I'm about to import and in looking, these match my similar interests and I may get them, maybe not now but soon. If anyone knows if these series are available in the US or will be soon, please do tell as I would rather wait and get Region 1's and if you have seen them, are they any good?

Tomorrow People
    Strange Report
    Dick Turpin

By the by, my interests include Doctor Who, Blake's 7, Robin of Sherwood, Tripods, Are You Being Served? and 'Allo 'Allo.
  2. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

Apr 2, 2004
    I know of no R1 editions of any of those series in the wings.

However, there was a news release awhile back about A&E striking a deal with Thames Television to get U.S. rights to some of their properties, which includes getting The Benny Hill Show back on TV. As A&E/New Video are releasing Benny on DVD now, too, this deal presumably extends to DVD releases as well.

Tomorrow People was a Thames production, and it did air in the US in some markets (as well as its 1980s sequel), so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think that A&E might release that show (or even ATV's Timeslip) in the coming year or two.

If you don't want to wait and take the chance, though, I'd go ahead and import the R2 versions.