What's new

Are Any Of These Cartoons Coming Does Any One Know? (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
While these aren't my Top 3 Cartoon Series I must have on DVD (TMNT, Ghostbusters & Spider-Man) these are cartoons that I would love on DVD and I was wondering if anybody or Gord or Dave had heard anything?

Toxic Crusaders

Mighty Max

Bucky O'Hare

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
All 13 episodes of 'Toxic Crusaders' are due out on DVD in one complete box set, expected in the latter-half of this year.

As for Mighty Max and Bucky, I'm not sure. I'd love to see the original Toad Wars in a complete collector's package in the near future.

Does anyone know who holds the rights to this series?

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thanks Gord and Marco. This is awesome news I'm so excited!!!! 2004 is gunna be such a great year. I'm astarting to worry if i'm going to need an extra wallet though :) How come it wasn't listed on your site?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
We just got the news the other day and haven't had a chance to post it....there's been so much other stuff lately.

Gord

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Jim, I believe that WB owns the rights to the Bucky O'hare series as theyve licensed all or most of the DC comic animations if Im not mistaken.

Theres news of an upcoming chat with Warners Studios in March, Id suggest you inquire about Bucky O'Hare recieving the box-set treatment if you're able to make it there. There's only approx. 13 eps. or so I believe so I'm sure theyd be able to manage a nice 2-disc collector's set for us fans.

I was planning to ask about this but I have so many other questions about classic cartoon / 80s animated tv sets that I prob. wont get a chance. If you could make it to the chat, itd be great to hear what if anything, Warners plans to do with the series as its also one of my favorites from that era...

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Thanks Marco I will do that. I have a bunch of other stuff to ask Warner as well i'm ereally excited.

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
Gord I had anoather question have you talked to Troma about this? I was wondering maybe if you knew an exact date or if there are any special features like the toy commercials. Man seeing those again would be awesome it be Nostalgia City.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
UPDATE - WB CHAT TONIGHT!!!

If anyone's interested in a possible Bucky O'Hare release, tonight's the night to ask...

:)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
It sucks about no Bucky O'Hare :frowning: I would have loved it on DVD. Also I was hoping Fish Police would be a possibility because of John Ritter and the new movie this fall called Sharkslayers it would be perfect to put Fish Police out.

I'm also sad about no ThunderCats or Xiaolin Showdown :frowning:

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, sucks that theyre not considering Bucky, but as for Thundercats... I understand a live-action movie is int he works plus I have a good feeling that Rhino would be interested in licensing this out for distribution so I'm less concerned about that being put on the backburner for much longer. Still too bad these cartoons aren't getting the respect they deserve!

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
If I had known about this thread I would havew mentioned the Bucky O'Hare. You should import you can get Dungeons & Dragons in a nice box set too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks