What's new

Are any of these anime series available on DVD? (1 Viewer)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
- Mazinger Z/Grand Mazinger (aka Majinga-Z)
- Kotetsu Jeeg
- Daiku Maryu Gaiking
- Dai Apolon
I grew up with these shows back in the 80s. To this day, I love them. But all that remains of my once-proud Beta tape collections are something around three episodes apiece, and local stations topped broadcasting the shows oh, about 15 years ago. These shows were hugely popular in Latin America and (as far as I've seen) the Latin portion of Europe (Spain and Italy, mostly.) I'm not sure if these shows ever aired in the US.
If any of the forum's resident anime fans could point me to an e-tailer that might carry these, I'd be forever grateful :) I've found several sites that offer VHS tapes for sale (taped from the original broadcasts) but if there are any official DVD releases out there, I'd really like to get my hands on them.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Amazingly enough, almost no Mazinger Z stuff has been released. The new OVA is out on VCD in HK, here's a link on YesAsia, they have all the parts released so far (Japanese w/Chinese subs)
http://us.yesasia.com/prdDept.asp?se...6172&aid=30605
There's a small possiblilty it may be a bootleg, I've never heard of "Anime Lover" studios.
I think there's something else new on the horizon, but I am as suprised as you are that Mazinger hasn't made it to DVD. My friend just bought the LD boxes really cheaply from AnimeJungle, so if you can do LD check there.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
Thanks, Jeff! :) I'm definitely picking up the VCDs, and I THINK my dad still has his LD player, so maybe I can pick those up too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks