What's new

Are all Deep Space Nine sets a certainty? (1 Viewer)

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Wow. I think branding someone a "lunatic" and then a "wierdo" (smiley notwithstanding) for stating a preference is a little much.... Any administrators care to comment?

Brenton

Screenwriter
At $100 per "chapter", I think that people with limited incomes like me are actually better off having them deleted.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
Wow. I think branding someone a "lunatic" and then a "wierdo" (smiley notwithstanding) for stating a preference is a little much.... Any administrators care to comment?
Whoah there horsey, it's just conversation.

And as far as I am concerend, you can not dismiss my smiley as "not withstanding". If I used the smiley, it most certainly stands for something.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I imagine it could be the writers/producers total disrespect for their characters (i.e. cutting Janeway's authority out from under her every episode, the dead space that was once known as Chakotay, Seven saves the ship every freaking episode, etc) and their utter fascination/obsession with the reset button (see: Year of Hell: Parts I & II for the most egregious example.)

IMHO, There are only a handful of worthy Voyager episodes, Lifesigns being at the top of the list. Nothing that really compares with the level of excellence achieved on Deep Space Nine, however.

Jonathan Dagmar

Supporting Actor
i think the problem with Star Trek series in General is that they are simply running out of ideas. But I am far from a trekie, in fact, all of those points you mentioned about Voyager I would never have noticed.

I always liked the next Generation for the characters. It was, and remains my favourite Star Trek series, and the only one I would ever buy on DVD.

The day they come up with a series that rivals TNG in my books, is well, never coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks