What's new

Are all Component Inputs on Recievers Progessive Scan Capable? (1 Viewer)

WilliamS

Agent
I noticed a Sherwood reciever was mentioning its model was progressive capable, but doesn't it not matter as long as the DVD and TV are?

Jeff Hipps

Stunt Coordinator
The bandwidth of the component video chain is the critical spec. To pass a progressive signal with no loss requires circuitry that is flat to 31.5 kHz. In practice, the requirements are probably not quite that stringent as there is little if any info on a typical DVD at the highest end of the band.

As I recall, the component video signal of the Denon AVR-3300 was spec'ed to 28 kHz and most regarded that signal as being acceptable for progressive scan.

Jeff

WilliamS

Agent
wher can i find more about these types of specs on recievers, mainly Sony's DA5es model.

I was at Cambridge Soundworks today and the guy said that this year's models all should have it. But I don't what to just take his word for it.

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Jeff---that spec is MHz.

William S---The Sony DA5ES is listed as 50MHz.

This info is now listed in the Crutchfield catalogs in the individual descriptions but I'm not sure about the website. They are kinda slow to change anything on their website once it's up.

The low end Denons are 27MHz. The Denon high ends are 50MHz. The H-K's are 30MHz. The Onk's are 50MHz. The Yammy's range from 30-60MHz. Kenwoods are anywhere from 10-40MHz. JVC's are 35MHz and non-Elite Pioneers are 28MHz.

Without sufficient bandwidth you may as well run a direct connection.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks