Are all analog bypasses not the same?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by John Sun, Jun 21, 2004.

1. John Sun

John Sun Agent

I'm currently in the market for a new pre/pro or receiver to replace my Rotel RSX-965. A must have feature is an analog bypass where if a source is connected via analog inputs, then the signal bypasses the pre/pro's DACs. In doing a search here on HTF, I have come across comments about the different sound (in 2-channel) between say an Outlaw 950 and a Rotel 1066. This confuses me as both units supposedly have pure analog bypass, which leads me to the question...

2. John Sun

John Sun Agent

I'm currently in the market for a new pre/pro or receiver to replace my Rotel RSX-965. A must have feature is an analog bypass where if a source is connected via analog inputs, then the signal bypasses the pre/pro's DACs. In doing a search here on HTF, I have come across comments about the different sound (in 2-channel) between say an Outlaw 950 and a Rotel 1066. This confuses me as both units supposedly have pure analog bypass, which leads me to the question...

3. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

Of course they are not all the same. Quality parts will effect the outcome as will what kind and how the volume control is handled. Some will allow bass management (some do it digitally others in the analog domain). Most all sound different from each other.

4. Charles Gurganus

Charles Gurganus Supporting Actor

Of course they are not all the same. Quality parts will effect the outcome as will what kind and how the volume control is handled. Some will allow bass management (some do it digitally others in the analog domain). Most all sound different from each other.