Are 4805's good to go out of the box?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by micah bjj, Jul 21, 2004.

1. micah bjj

micah bjj Stunt Coordinator

Hello. I just ordered an InFocus 4805 and am very pleased with my choice. However, I have become very confused reading all the threads about calibratng and other technical stuff.

My question is...as a newby to this stuff, will I be able to basicall plug it in and make a few minor adjustments, or does this stuff get really complicated to set it up right? All the different forms of calibration to get a good picture has me really confused.

2. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    I think it looks good out of the box, but you should at least calibrate brightness using Digital Video Essentials or THX Optimizer if you don't have the former. If you have DVE then it will walk you through all the information. It's pretty straightforward.

I'm connected through DVI and I don't know how to adjust for color and tint. Those controls aren't available with DVI...

3. todbnla

todbnla Screenwriter

Todd
    I concur with Cameron above, mine only had a slight 2 minute tweak based on the "best of favorite" settings for the X1, those were pretty good for the 4805 too. I am sure as this model gets around, another most popular list of settings will surface. Enjoy your new P/J. [​IMG]

4. micah bjj

micah bjj Stunt Coordinator

Where do you get DVE or the THX optimizer and how much does it cost? Is it difficult to use? How does it actually work?

Thanks for the help

5. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    You can order DVE from www.deepdiscountdvd.com. The THX Optimizer can be found on any DVD that carries the THX logo. I think a common one is Finding Nemo, but it's also on the Terminator 2 DVD.

Both of these just have screen shots of calibration patterns. Details on what to do are thoroughly covered on them.