What's new

Are 3D TVs Superior to any/all Non-3D TVs in the HD/Non-3D mode?? A Mfgr Sales Rep pushes this noti (1 Viewer)

Ashron

Auditioning
Real Name
Ashton
I was recently informed, by someone representing herself as an LG sales rep, that ANY and All 3D TVs would outperform a Non-3D display, in every way. Including resolution, brightness, contrast -ratio, screen quality. She was instant and emphatic about this.
I quietly disagreed with her, but I didn't argue , as I had no technical ammunition to the contrary.
Where could one find any near definitive information of this sort?
Without trying to get on Leo LaPorte's show...
Any input and comments greatly appreciated.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Yeah sure...this...
http://www.amazon.com/VIZIO-M3D550KDE-55-inch-1080p-Theater/dp/B0096YOQE2/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353700374&sr=1-6&keywords=vizio+3d
outperforms...
http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-Elite-PRO-151FD-60-Inch-Plasma/dp/B001CE0594/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353700416&sr=1-1&keywords=elite+kuro
Simply because 3D makes everything better...

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
But, you probably can't blame this salesperson...
Many a "corporate sales" person knows jack sh...I mean squat, about what they are selling...and is simply regurgitating marching orders.
Case in point, many years ago when Bose debuted the AM series...especially the 5...
We were treated to a sales training seminar where the store I worked for(Lazarus, Greenwood Indiana) had two other people that used to work for Fretter(spelling???).
Anyway, One of my cohorts asked....
"Has anybody done a soundplot to find out what the sound delay is when configured in different angles?"
Bose "sales morons" response...
"The AM series does not introduce an audio delay..."
Cohorts response...
"So 'Direct reflecting' isn't going to appear on the box for the AM 5?"

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Ashron said:
I was recently informed, by someone representing herself as an LG sales rep, that ANY and All 3D TVs would outperform a Non-3D display, in every way. Including resolution, brightness, contrast -ratio, screen quality. She was instant and emphatic about this.
I quietly disagreed with her, but I didn't argue , as I had no technical ammunition to the contrary.
Where could one find any near definitive information of this sort?
Without trying to get on Leo LaPorte's show...
Any input and comments greatly appreciated.
If one is talking about current models within a given mfgs' range this is correct. The best current models from any one mfg will have 3D whether you want it or not, just as the best cars available have leather upholstery whether you want it or not.
This doesn't mean that any given 3D set will outperform any 2D only set past or present from any mfg, just that if you're looking at sets within a single mfgs' current lineup the 3D capable ones will have the best 2D performance because they don't put the best stuff in 2D only sets any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks