1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Archos Jukebox 5000 @ Best Buy

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Gary_E, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Best Buy has the Archos Jukebox 5000 on sale for $170.00 plus tax (that's $50.00 off).

Another good deal is at Office Max for blank media...100 blank 650 MB CD-R discs for $39.99 (regular $49.99) with a mail in rebate for $30.00, bringing the final cost to $10.00. The brand is Hi-Val (blue colored media) and I've used them in the past and they work fine.

-Gary

2. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    I bought the Archos 20GB jukebox a couple of weeks ago and I gotta say this is one cool toy! I just keep ripping CDs and dumping 'em onto the Archos - I'm getting quite a large selection of stuff to listen to at work now! It's very easy to use - just plug it into a USB port and it shows up as a new hard drive. Just copy your MP3s to it and you're ready to go.

If 5GB is enough capacity for you, this is a great deal.

3. David Rubenstein

David Rubenstein Stunt Coordinator

I also have the 20 GB Recorder. I would stay away from the player model. The buttons have apparent problems and the sound is much better on the recorder models (I'm assuming that Best Buy has the player on sale).

4. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

I bought the 20 GB jukebox a few weeks ago. It worked great for the first day. On day 2, it completely failed to work. Dunno what happened, but it would power up then just freeze.

I took it back to Best Buy and they asked me if I wanted to exchange it, but I refused. Supposedly, the player has alot of problems (more than I originally thought, and I did alot of research beforehand). What a shame; in a few years, however, when this technology gets better, it's gonna kick mucho ass!