What's new

Archer (FX) (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I realize we've just passed episode 9, and there isn't a thread on this. but if you haven't caught archer, this is one of those kind of things that could be really good on BD later.

The show is an over the top spy as complete failure. But it combines some of my favorite actors and they are all good in their roles.

H. Jon Benjamin as Archer (former in everything from "Lucy, Daughter of the Devil, Home Movies, Dr. Katz)

Jessica Walter (Arrested Development - and she is a RIOT in this)

Aisha Taylor is great as Lana.

This is a pretty fun, insanely over the top show. While Episode 9 isn't my favorite (it's not bad) there have been some killer moments (like Archer continuously making hindenberg references, or deciding to stretch a mission to do the chocolate fountains, etc.)

If you get a chance, you might give it a try if you like the completely oddball comedy :)

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I have only several episodes and the show is just ridiculously funny at times. It's a WTF LOL type of spy show.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I admit, I'm still reeling on Episodes 8 & 9, which had two of the funniest, and most "wrong" lines of all time..

"Beardsley Mcturbanhead" and "She's the Pele of Anal"

Talk about pressing the bounds of basic cable.. but it does kill me.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I can't remember a lot of what they said but......

Lana - "I blew Jack Sht!"
Archer - "Name dropper!"

The show is definantly worth multiple viewings.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Caught the season finale... Dang I didn't know it had already started. Laughed my ass off. Loved it. Looking for it when it comes to dvd.... Will rent a few episodes to see if it is worth owning. Hope they bring it back I haven't heard anything about. Although in all fairness it did just end.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks