What's new

Arcam or Rotel? (1 Viewer)

Shannon S.

Stunt Coordinator
I am in the market to buy a new receiver this summer. I have narrowed down the possibilities to either the Arcam AVR 300 or the Rotel RSX-1067. I am looking for the best sound in music, but will use my system for playing a lot of movies too.
I would not mind hearing some opinions on other receivers that could match either of these either.
thanks.

Scott_N

Second Unit
The Rotel is better than most receivers for music but the AVR-300 is the most musical receiver i've heard at any price. It's on the same level as some of their integrated amps with 2-channel music IMO.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Given that budget I'd actually recomend the 1056 and 1080 power amp. You'll get much better 2 channel performance that way and excellent movie reproduction (redirect the fronts to the back and run it in 7.1 mode)

Ashlee Lee

Auditioning
I have a parasound c2 preamp and is looking to upgrade to something better,should I buy arcam av8 or statement 1?any ideas.

Scott_N

Second Unit
The Arcam AV8 is as good a pre/pro soundwise as any of the best i've heard from Lexicon, Theta and Meridian. I haven't heard the Statement 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks