What's new

Arcam 72T is in the house! :) (1 Viewer)

PhillipC

Stunt Coordinator
Just picked it up tonight. Will be hooking it up and see how it sounds with my Paradigm 100's. Will let everyone know how it sounds in a couple of weeks. Does anyone else have this player?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Phillip, I would be curious to hear what you think of the Arcam player. What are you using for amplification? Also, what have you been using for CDs? Just curious what you will be comparing the Arcam to.

PhillipC

Stunt Coordinator
KeithH:

I had a home demo of it and compared it to a Rega Planet 2000 before I bought it. I was all set on the Rega but the sound was too laid back for me and I found the dynamic range lacking. The Arcam was more detailed and forward.

I currently am running it with a B&K ST140 temporarily. I am considering the Bel Canto evo.4 or the Musical Fidelity line. Specifically NU VISTA M3 integrated or the new M250 monoblocks. Any suggestions?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Phillips, thanks for the info. I am not surprised that you preferred the Arcam player over the Rega. I agree that hte Rega is too laid back. As for amps, I have not used the Musical Fidelity components, though I have read good things about them. You might want to post a question on Audio Asylum or search the site for posts on these amps. Best of luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks