What's new

ARC! (1 Viewer)

Bartman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Trevor Bartram
My answer is a question. Why are you having the TV control the system rather than the receiver, which is designed and intended to control the system? As in, the receiver is designed to have everything connected to it and do the switching.

That's how I'd done it previous optical only systems, so easier for my wife to understand. The receiver is not visible from the sitting area. Probably not enough room to hide the many HDMI cables under the skirting board.

ARC tries to work, does anyone know the reasons for the audio dropouts in this configuration?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
That's how I'd done it previous optical only systems, so easier for my wife to understand. The receiver is not visible from the sitting area. Probably not enough room to hide the many HDMI cables under the skirting board.

ARC tries to work, does anyone know the reasons for the audio dropouts in this configuration?
Its usually the fault of the TV. CEC (which seems to be your problem) can be very glitchy on some models.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks