What's new

Aragon Stage One ? (1 Viewer)

henning hoffmann

Stunt Coordinator
The Kipsch website says that the Aragon Stage One would be released in March. March has now passed by. Does anyone know anything about the release date? Does anyone have any specific stats on this machine? The website is rather vague...

Henning

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
According to the Forum. It's suppose to start shipping this week and be in stores by mid April depending on when ordered. I think the upgrade offer will start next month.

I might have a chance to listen to the new Aragon line this weekend. It depend on if the local rep has free time for a personal demo. Looking forward to that!

MikeAF

Stunt Coordinator
Darrel,
I have been waiting for the new pre/pro and amps from Aragon to come out and get some feedback and reviews on their performance. I have a friend who can get me a good deal on these products, he thinks, so I am hoping you'll get a chance to demo any and all the new amps and the Stage One. Please get back to us as soon as possible with your feelings and reviews of the new products. Thanks:emoji_thumbsup:
Mike

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Can the Act-3 be upgraded to all the exact features of the Stage One? -or are there some limitations?

mctague

Stunt Coordinator
I too am anxiously awaiting upgrade info. They also said more info would be on the website to help existing customers consider upgrade/trade-in options.

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
The Act-3 doesn't have a digital output. Anyone know if the upgraded version will include one?

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
Very little information on the Stage One. Maybe it's better that way. At lest until it comes out and actually in stores.

But,this from the Klipsch/Aragon site.

DESIGN: 8-ch THX Ultra2 Surround Preamplifier

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 10Hz-100kHz +0/-3dB

DIRECT INPUTS: 10Hz-20kHz +0/-0.2dB

ANALOG INPUTS: 20Hz-20kHz +0/-0.5dB

THD:

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Camp,

i'm not sure which features you mean specifically, but according to Mondial's post on their forum:

Basically, this will upgrade the ACT-3 processing capabilities to nearly those of the Stage One with the exception of the THX parameters and surround modes and some of the operating schemes due to the differences in the remotes and front panel displays for the ACT-3 and the Stage One.
some other posts by the Mondial guys represent the upgrade as keeping the existing front panel and chassis, replacing all or nearly all the PCB's with Stage One PCB's and replacing the rear panel to handle the additional I/O capabilities. they do say that the power supply will not be the same as the Stage One, but they don't say whether or not it will be the existing Act 3 PS or a new PS. i would like to see a PS upgrade offered as some complain of XFMR noise, altho my unit does not exhibit this.

i don't think that anyone outside Mondial knows what the finished product will be, and i suspect that Mondial hasn't finalized the specs/features and so couldn't tell you if they wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks