What's new

Aragon Stage One Review (1 Viewer)

Dean Arizona

Agent
Ricky T,

Thanks for quick update and the advice. Mondial sure means business about its minimalist design approach. As much as I like the unit, a dedicated second zone that can passthrough both digital and analog signals is what I'm looking for. I greatly respect Mondial, but considering what the Stage One offers in the primary zone you think that it would be a small step the company to offer a second zone. I'm not even asking for video passthrough or even a second analog processor - just preout of primary zone audio on top of the I assume are tape outs. I hope that Mondial will reconsider its design to include this feature. As far as I can tell, the Stage One may be one of the only popular SSP's in the $3k price range not to carry this feature (vs B&K Ref 50, TGIII, ATI, or even much less costly Rotel 1066).

Ricky T

Supporting Actor
Allen,

Yeah, take those VS2s back! Three VS2s would make a great 6.1 rear soundfield. HDP2s may sell as high as ~ 350-400. I have heard the Ref50 and Anthem, but not in my system or in A/B comparisons.

Dean,

That's too bad, but like you said, there are other units other there. The Ref50 looks like a great value, and you might even find it online new for ~ 2300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks