Aragon and Anthem - Amps and Processor

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Robert_Lamb, Jul 14, 2003.

1. Robert_Lamb

Robert_Lamb Stunt Coordinator

I am looking at purchasing an Aragon 2007 amp instead of the Anthem PVA7 amp. It looks like a better amplifier. I want to biamp my front speakers and use it for a 5.1 system. Maybe in the future I will get a 7.1 system (then I'll have an amplifier for it).

I haven't purchased the processor yet but it looks like I will go with an Anthem AVM 20. It looks pretty much the same as the Stage One except a lot less expensive. I also want a second zone so that kicks the Stage One out. I do like high quality music however, so if the Stage One is really better than the Anthem sonically, I would sure like to hear about it.

Anyone ever connected a Anthem AVM 20 to an Aragon 2007?

2. Jaime B

Jaime B Stunt Coordinator

Robert:

I've had 4 Aragon stereo amps in my 2 channel system, and I can tell you I loved them. I'm still tortured for selling my 4004Mk.II, which I enjoyed better than my last Aragon, the 8008ST.

I cannot attest to the 2007 since I've not heard it. I have not listened to a Klipsch manufactured Aragon, but please go to www.audiorevolution.com for a rave review of both the 2007 and the Stage One.

I've heard the PVA7, and I believe (from memory) to be more laid back than the Aragon sound.

You will be best served to audition both since your personal preferences are so variable.

JaimeB

3. Jaime B

Jaime B Stunt Coordinator

OOOPS! I meant to say ..."since personal preferences are so variable."

Sorry.

JaimeB

4. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor

I tried the PVA-7 for a couple of weeks (connected to my Elite receiver)and opted for an Outlaw 7100 instead. More power into 4 ohms and it cost a lot less. The Outlaw matches up nicely with my new AVM-20!

5. Randy Haines

Randy Haines Stunt Coordinator

I have an AVM20 and I use an Aragon 8008x3B for my fronts (L,C,R). I love it. Glad you chose the Anthem over the Aragon. I use Klipsch speakers so no bias there. It just seemed to me that the Anthem was more versatile and it was definitely cheaper. And now, there is another software upgrade pending that promises form what I hear, to offer many more features.

Where in Colorado are you?

6. Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas Supporting Actor