What's new

Aragon 8008x3 vs. Citation 7.1 (1 Viewer)

Eric A

Second Unit
Well I currently own a HK Citation 7.1 amp. It is in pristine condition and I have always loved these amps. I recently had the opportunity to purchase an Aragon 8008x3 at a good price. (Thanks Robert):D I immediately figured I would use the Aragon and sell the Citation. After I did this I began thinking, "Is this really what I want to do?" I will be using both amps in the same way, they will drive my front 3 channels. As for the specs, the Citation is 4x150 and the Aragon is 200x3. As for weight, the Citation actually weighs in about 10lbs heavier and seems to better built. Originally the Citation sold for $2800 for 4 channels and the Aragon sold for $2500 for 3. As I said, my original idea and perception was that the Aragon was a much better amp. No I am wondering. I will demo these side by side and make a decision myself but I have a few things that will prevent this for a couple of weeks. In the mean time I figured this may stir up some nice conversation. Go ahead and give me your opinions and let's see what we come up with. Thanks.

Yogi

Screenwriter
IMHO, Citation is a better amp than Aragon. With my speakers (Vienna acoustics) the Citation sounds more natural while the Aragon sounds a little on the dry and analytical side...YMMV

My 2 green cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks