What's new
  • Announcing New Ownership at Home Theater Forum. Learn More

Blu-ray Review Arachnophobia Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
My understanding is that all released copies should be the corrected version, but in case you want to make sure, DVDizzy describes how to tell the two versions apart:
A second review copy arrived yesterday, September 21. I've closely studied the packaging and can find no differences whatsoever to distinguish the pressings by case. With a BD-ROM drive, however, you can confirm that the discs are not identical in content. The recalled first pressing uses 29.2 GB of disc space, and the newer one occupies just 28.7 GB. In the BDMV/STREAM folder where you find the disc's video, each disc contains 46 files. On each disc, all but one of the files gives a date modified between June 18th and June 20th, 2012. The one exception is 00003.mts, the movie itself. On my first copy, it was 28,447,962 KB in size and last modified June 20, 2012. On my second copy, it is 27,906,594 KB and last modified September 5, 2012. I am both surprised and impressed that Disney could and would be able to strike a new presentation that quickly and still get it to me before the new street date.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Just received this today from Disney Movie Rewards. What is really weird is that the Special Features will not play on my UBP-X800 UHD Blu-ray player. If I allow the player to upscale, I get a scrambled box in the upper left corner, covering 1/3 of the screen. If I select the player to output native resolution, I get a scrambled 4:3 pillar box. The special features play just fine on my Sony PS3 and old Panasonic DMP-BD60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chantalc
Recent bookmarks