What's new

AR Pins! What are they for? (1 Viewer)

John Gregory

Auditioning
When I purchased my Acoustic Research spool of speaker wire, it came with these wimpy-looking little pins to attach to the cable. They're definitely not banana plugs. I looked on the AR website, and it shows them, but not what they connect to. I'm just wondering what the damn things are for!!:confused:

Kevin T

Screenwriter
i think you wrap the wire around the base of the pins and pull and red / black rubber strain reliefs over the wire and the stick the pin into the binding posts / clips of your speakers.

kevin t

Brian E

Screenwriter
You can use them in place of inserting bare wire into spring clips or binding posts.

Brian E

Screenwriter
think you wrap the wire around the base of the pins and pull and red / black rubber strain reliefs over the wire
Nope. Slide the red or black rubber boot up over the pin end. Under where the rubber was is a small set screw. Loosen that and insert the wire into the bottom of the connector then tighten the set screw. Slide the rubber boot back in place and your all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks