What's new

AR Performance Series vs Monster Component Cables (1 Viewer)

Mike Coady

Agent
I need an inexpensive component cable to hookup dvd to my parents tv. Circuit City has a 4ft Monster and Best buy has 6ft AR Performance Series, both sell for $30. I realize that neither are considered the best (I use Better Cables), but my parents aren't that particular. Would there be much difference in quality or performance between the two?

Mike

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
I just answered this on the HT Spot for you,Id go with www.rhinocables.com and get the entry leavel componet cables.Way better then Monster or AC. I have had both M & A and the rhinos are not in the same boat with them.

Jim A. Banville

Supporting Actor
BuffaloCables are WAY better than RhinoCables! Stay away from CheetahCables though. They made all my music play too fast :frowning: You could look at BestCables too, but they aren't as good as BetterCables, which are...um...better. I've listened to WorseCables, which are decent, but there is something I can't put my finger on about them that I don't like as much as the others.
The really weird thing is that I'm currently comparing MonsterCables vs. HeroCables in my system. One definitely sounds better than the other, but it depends on what mood I'm in on that day. Strange.

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Someone post the temperature and heat index over there in Georgia. I do believe Mr. Banville needs a trip to Alaska. For that matter, so do I.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
Take the day off and look at ZU Cables Components cables.

They run rings and fences around all these animal type cables being mentioned.

Geesh, you guys, come on.

Eric Stuckey

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric Stuckey
Sure Brian, If I wanted to spend a hafe weeks paycheck and was not married..I'd go with ZU. $250.00 But Rhino cables IMO , Even the entry leavel are way WAY better then AR & Monster & the Rhino cables are cheaper then going with Monster 2 componte ( $70-80 range ) Rhino Pro $ 35.00 for 1 meter. I just like Rhino for there cables and exspecialy for the custamer survice.

Brian OK

Supporting Actor
No problem Eric... go with Rhino.

Actually it was tongue in cheek as I was just playing off of ZOO Cables and the animal brands out there.

BOK

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks