ar or monster

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt Weldy, Nov 23, 2002.

1. Matt Weldy

Matt Weldy Second Unit

Is acoustic research cables good enough or do I need to spend the extra and get monster

2. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Your question is a little vague since your not really saying what you want out of the cables. If cost is the factor then I would go with the AR Master series. For me here in Canada, the AR Master Series is reasonably priced for what it offers compared to Monster, Straight Wire or Internet offerings. Currently my setup has AR Master for optical, component, interconnect and Surge protection. Checkout the specs.
    Optical Cable:
    [​IMG]
    MS 280 3 feet
    AR® exclusive FNT™ technology provides the most comprehensive, advanced protection against kinking to maintain constant light transfer for uninterrupted high performance.
    Precision-machined Toslink™ optical connections for superior fit and signal transfer.
    Corrosion-free 24k gold-plated colar surrounds and protects a polished convex lens for error-free digital signal transfer.
    Highest-grade fiber engineered specifically to meet the demands of digital audio/video components for accurate high-speed signal transfer.
    Two layers of non-relective cladding for added optic fiber protection and optimum light transfer.
    Professional quality 8 mm PVC jacket and molded strain relief maintains assembly integrity and protects against damage.
    Interconnects:
    [​IMG]
    MS 230 3 feet
    AR® exclusive FNT™ technology provides the most comprehensive, advanced protection against noise and interference.
    Frequency-corrected silver-coated very fine multi-stranded >99.99% pure oxygen-free copper conductors improve signal transfer for delivery of full frequency range.
    Locking, 24k gold-plated precision-machined RCA connectors will split center pins for superior fit and signal transfer.
    Teflon® insulation provides the lowest dielectric absorption for hightest signal integrity and accuracy.
    Two layers of shielding: one 100% overlapped Mylar® foil for RFI isolation, and one 95%+ copper braid for EMI isolation.
    Highest-quality insulating and stranded fiber dielectrics with low contants for greatest efficient signal performance, accuracy and purity.
    Twisted pair balanced and directional noise drain construction combine for natural, accurate noise-free sound reproduction
    Component:
    [​IMG]
    MS 291 6 feet
    AR® exclusive FNT™ technology provides the most comprehensive, advanced protection against noise and interference.
    Frequency-corrected silver-coated solid >99.99% pure oxygen-free copper center conductor delivers optimum high-frequency signal transfer.
    Locking, precision-machined RCA connectors with 24k gold-plated split center pins for superior fit and signal transfer
    Surge Protector:
    [​IMG]
    satellite / home theater surge protector
    Ultimate satellite protection
    Designed specifically to protect satellite-based home theater systems, the AR-10S features gold-plated satellite cable connections and upgraded AR® satellite cable with gold-plated connectors for the best possible signal transfer. AR® coaxial and modem cables are also included to position the AR-10S as a complete home satellite / home theater power source.
    • 10 Outlets •• 2163 Joules •
    features
    $100,000 Lifetime Warranty
    Gold Connections
    Satellite Protection
    Cable Protection
    Phone/Modem Protection
    Advanced Acoustic Accuracy
    FNT™ Technology
    Fail Safe Circuitry
    Continuous Outlet
    6 Oversized AC Outlets
    Cord Opposite Switch
    Safety Covers
    8' Ultra-Flex Power Cord
    Audible Alarm
    Ground OK
    Protection OK
    Circuit Breaker
    Two High-Performance AR® Cables Included
    Data Modem Line Included
    Kevin

3. Leonard B

Leonard B Stunt Coordinator

I don't have Monster cables, but instead have the AR pro series (blue cables). To me they are well made and I was able to negotiate a good price.

4. Bob McElfresh

Bob McElfresh Producer

5. Ryan Leemhuis

Ryan Leemhuis Second Unit