What's new

AR Master Series Component Cables with FNT? (1 Viewer)

Nick Cicutti

Auditioning
I recently purchased a set of these component video cables and have been favorably impressed by their build quality and locking RCA connectors. Overall video quality appears to be similar to that achieved using my Better Cables Silver Serpents for HDTV and Progressive Scan DVD. I notice that they have silver clad solid copper conductors and use teflon dielectric. AR claims that their FNT technology (ferrite noise?) also used in this series is a standard for interference rejection in the computer industry, but I wonder if it is of questionable value in AV applications. A couple of other small companies now market "ferrite rings/plugs" or other applications of this technology for audio and video cables. Anecdotal reports and comments of improved audio and video image can be found on line. Does anyone with knowledge of AR's implementation (FNT), or this technology in general, have any opinions?
Nick
:)

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Welcome to HTF!
I just checked and every PC and Sun workstation monitor video cable has a "ferret" near the monitor plug.
And computer monitors are high-refresh, progressive signals similar to HD signals so with the "sauce for the goose..." theory, it's a good idea.
Now I am trying to remember my electromagnetics to remember why a ferrite core around the cable makes a difference....(it's crappy getting old :))
Anyway, welcome again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks