AR HC6 Owners

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by JohnV, Aug 28, 2003.

1. JohnV

JohnV Auditioning

I purchased these speakers and they are being delivered this weekend. I was wondering about suggestions for a receiver. I read it was recommended to set the crossover of the sub at 150hz and the receiver at around the same. Will this rule out THX receivers because isn't there crossover fixed at 80hz. I was looking at the new Yamaha RX1400 but I beleive these will be THX. Any opinions and suggestions would be appreciated. I was also looking at the Pioneer 912. Anyone use this one?

Thanks, J

2. Clemens

Clemens Extra

Hi John,
    I had a post in the past regarding the x-over for the HC6 too.
    Basically, you set the sub's x-over to 150Hz as you stated, and ideally your receiver's x-over would be set to 120Hz(based on Phil's data, look up my previous threads, I don't have that many).
    In my case, I have the Pioneer vsx-d712k which has 100, 150, or 200Hz, so I just use 150Hz, and it's good enough for me.

Good luck.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Running the HC6 in my bedroom, mated to a Denon 1803 — x-overed at 80Hz. Play around with the positioning of the woofer. Even with the limited space in this application I was able to achieve surprisingly good results.