AR Concert series Optical

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Cancienne, Jan 24, 2003.

1. Chris Cancienne

Does anyone own or have any experience with AR's concert series optical cables? Partsexpress has a 6' for $6.88. List price is $24.99. Sounds like a great deal, but I am looking for some feedback before purchasing.

Thanks

2. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Chris I actually purchased this cable just this past week. If you have ever seen the Performance Series (ones with the Blue sheathing) cables at Best Buy or the AR website, it seems to be the exact same cable except in a purple color. Overall it is a decent cable, and worth the $6.88. Nothing exceptional, but solid construction and a step up from the generic cables sold on Parts Express site.

The only problem is Parts Express high shipping costs which raise this $7 dollar cable to about a $15 cable (still not a bad deal). If you are ordering multiple items the shipping should be cheaper when spread out since their rates start at about 8 bucks regardless of your order size. Let me know if you have any other questions.

J