AR Cables

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Howard_S, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Howard_S

Howard_S Supporting Actor

Man those AR Master Series cables look really nice. Got me thinking that it might be better than the Ultralink Stereophiles S-Video Cable that I just bought. Anyone want to comment on this?

2. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

They are "made of gold."

They are a future-proof lifetime investment.

In the immortal words of Brent Butterworth(what a name)

"Just Buy Them." - Please note sarcasm

3. John Morris

John Morris Guest

4. Howard_S

Okay. Next?

5. John Morris

John Morris Guest

Howard: Do you really want to have us start to discuss cables? Do you really? Do a search on that topic first and let us know...

Okay, IMO, .......AR is fine for most. IMO, comparable to Monster and superior to RS cables. Bettercables sells some for a bit more. Finally, Outlaw Audio sells some cables which have quality locking connectors and sell for a nice price. Still, they all might perform the same. Unless you change the conductor, and not just coat it with silver, I doubt that you'll hear any difference versus copper alone.

6. Howard_S

Actually if you search up cables not much comes out. I'm not interested at all in the "do cables help" debate. What I'm interested in are product to product comparisons. Hence the Ultralink Stereophile S-video cable vs the AR Master series S-video cable.

7. Mickey Brown

Mickey Brown Stunt Coordinator

8. Howard_S

Are there anyone who have had experienced with the AR master series and or Ultralink cables?

9. Howard_S

No one?

10. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Howard,
    I'm planning on getting the AR #AP033(20 ft) cables. I haven't tried them yet, but I did find some good info on them at audioreview.com . The pro series get good reviews so I'd imagine the master series is only better.
    http://www.audioreview.com/reviews/C...ct_48083.shtml

11. Howard_S

Ya I too have experience with the pro series and I think they're a great value. I think the Ultralink Stereophiles are a step up from the pros. However the master series is priced much higher than the pro series and I'm sure they're good cables too but what I want to know is whether they're better than the Ultralinks I have now. If so then I think the master series will still be a good buy.

12. John Morris

John Morris Guest

I just bought the Outlaw cables and they absolutely look like $250 a pair cables. I'm gonna take some pics of them and then let you know how they SOUND... versus the AR Pro, Monster and RS cables.

13. Jeff Loughridge

Jeff Loughridge Stunt Coordinator

There was an article in Radio World not too long ago about a high-end speaker cable evaluation panel of golden-ear types. Various speaker cables ranging from zip cord to the esoteric were used, and the same recording was played through otherwise identical, high-end audio gear. Listeners were told which cable was being tested, in real time, and asked to pick the best sounding one. Most picked the one with optimal oxygen, or whatever, but in fact they used zip cord for each of the tests.

People tend to hear what they expect to hear.

14. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Jeff- Stereo Review did a similar test years ago.

I agree: people hear what they want to hear. But you can't argue with them either. And "science" doesn't even matter...